Thursday 16 September 2021

Woke

I’m woke (whatever that means?)

Because I spoke against women getting groped.

Because some conservative bloke

didn’t want things to change, he hoped,

I can only think that’s what he hopes.

They say I’m woke, because I want to stop bigots who spoke,

and homophobes who fear a manly grope, 

they can only hope, because there’s not much hope of that,

you’re ugly and fat, probably with hair on your back.

I’m woke because conserves don’t see anything but white,

this is despite, us all coming in every colour under the sun,

I have no idea where such thoughts begun?

I’m woke because other people can’t think, and they say awful things with a nod and a wink, not understanding why such words stink.

 

I’m woke because I call out conservatives bigoted speech, which they say is free,

it’s my speech with which they don’t agree,

the irony is not lost on me.

 

But mostly I’m woke, because conservatives need an enemy against which to lay their ideas about nothing, scared of changes, and society becoming something their 10 year old selves won’t ever understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment