Thursday 30 September 2021

I Like

I like cake.

I like cars,

1950s American my latest phase.

I like dirty stories, those that are taboo. 

Honestly? How about you?

I like writing, words, beautiful sentences,

ever since I was a kid, 

something I could never shake,

not that I wanted to.

I like sunshine,

I like the wind.

I like Thursdays. I only work to Wednesday.

I like art, modern art makes me think the most,

it does things to my brain,

other art forms can’t claim.

I like god when a black woman sings.

I like lazy days.

Strawberries and ice cream.

I like time,

despite it slipping through my fingers like water.

I like working hard, but only when I choose, 

I like the feeling when I am done.

It’s good to achieve and feel like something.

I like laughing,

I like crying,

both make me feel something.

I don’t like stress, it spins my head.

I like smart people, 

good conversation,

food and wine.

But, I like pot the best,

it mellows life out the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment