Tuesday 3 December 2019

The Opposite of Lemmings

As I crossed the city street,

As I headed to my office, this morning

there were chumps waiting at the lights,

like a flock of sheep standing there,

eyes blinking in the morning light,

the road shut down for road works

no traffic to be seen in either direction.

Incredible, I thought, as I sashayed across,

perhaps with more confidence than was really necessary.

So halfway over, I turned and yelled back at them

"What are you standing there for, there is no traffic."

Mostly they looked uneasy and shuffled on their feet,

they looked uncomfortably from one to the other.

Two made tentative steps to cross the street,

one proceeded, but the other stopped again

when she saw that none of the others were following.


No comments:

Post a Comment