Wednesday 13 February 2019

Some Days

Some days, I wish I was dead,

get it over and done with,

avoid the pain of old age, and decay,

finish it for good.


Some days, I read about people's deaths

and I feel envious of them,

they are the lucky ones,

nothing to worry about now.


Some days, I think it is a struggle,

and I'm one of the lucky ones,

I have a lot to be thankful for,

god knows how the poor get through?


Some days, I think about the God delusion,

it must be comforting giving up free thought,

not having to worry about life,

just follow myth obediently, unquestioning.


Some days, I think about the future,

and think, how many years do I have to do this?

It was great when I was young,

everything seemed new and, kind of, fun.


Some days, I am bored out of my mind,

the best years of your life, they say,

I laugh, every day just repeats,

and then you die.


Some days...


No comments:

Post a Comment