Friday 13 May 2016

The Truth Is Always Out There

When there is a battle between truth and power,

they say, truth always loses.

Truth, she may lose some of the battles,

battered and bruised,

but the war is always hers.


Truth,

Some say she is a curse.

How can I tell my truth,

when she always gets in first?

How can I say what I say,

When she always raises her hand, that way?


Truth,

Is anyone’s, she is cheap,

She’ll go with you,

For the cost of the facts,

And the admission

Of what really went down.


When there is a battle between truth and power,

they say, truth always falls over.

The rich and powerful

Always get their way,

But truth hangs on

Like a pit bull’s bite.

She never gives up the fight.


Somewhere, some how, some place,

Cough, cough,

From the dark, long forgotten space,

Er, excuse me, please,

But, the facts are these…


No comments:

Post a Comment